Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of making into balls; the act of assuming the form of ball; specifically, in the process of puddling, the forming of the iron into balls or rounded masses of a size convenient for handling.
- n. The frequenting of balls; dancing.
- n. In the manufacture of soda, the firing, working back and forth, and discharging of the black-ash mixture. See ball, 25.
- n. In textile-bleaching and -coloring, the collecting of the material into balls, to the detriment of the process. It occurs most frequently in loose cotton or wool.
- n. In the process of nuclear development, the fusing of two or more nuclei into one.
- v. present participle of ball.
“But only on a skidoo. on February 21, 2010 at 3: 16 pm shijuro paint balling is a sport, one of the defences to assault is consent and sport is listed as one of the exemptions …”
“This is the only place where Justice Roberts 'claim to be an "umpire calling balling and strikes" makes any sense.”
“(I'm going to let you slide on the spelling of "balling" ... but just this one time, or they'll revoke my wiseguy credentials.)”
“The "balling" of this sponge into three loaves is a task that occupies from ten to fifteen minutes.”
“Interesting use of the word "balling" there, Arshed”
“Other fake diamond scams involve low-balling which is a very effective strategy to con customers.”
“I snapped, my free hand already balling up into a fist to shoot this bitch one and lay her ass flat out.”
“Dudes was balling on the court or just posted up hollering at chicks walking by—who was walking by to get hollered at.”
“The last six months been hard as hell for a chick used to balling out.”
“As Declan watched from the doorway, the berserker laid her on a metal table, then took off his shirt, balling it under her head.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘balling’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
the name says it all ^
A list of what are generally-accepted to be hippy words. List names derives from this quote by Germaine Greer, "To see hippikins and hippettes milling miserably around among the Mecca gorillas who ...
Looking for tweets for balling.