from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of ball.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of making into balls; the act of assuming the form of a ball; specifically, in the process of puddling, the forming of the iron into balls or rounded masses of a size convenient for handling.
- n. The frequenting of balls; dancing.
- n. In the manufacture of soda, the firing, working back and forth, and discharging of the black-ash mixture. See ball, 25.
- n. In textile-bleaching and -coloring, the collecting of the material into balls, to the detriment of the process. It occurs most frequently in loose cotton or wool.
- n. In the process of nuclear development, the fusing of two or more nuclei into one.
Sorry, no etymologies found.