from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of wall.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making a wall or walls.
- n. Walls, in general; material for walls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [wall, verb] The process of reinforcing the sides of a vertical shaft with tubbing or staves to prevent displacement sidewise by pressure of the earth. It is done either with planks or steel, or, in important and permanent workings, with brick.
- n. In billiards, same as bricole, 4.
- n. Walls collectively; materials for walls.
- n. In mining, the brick or stone lining of a shaft; steining.
- n. The act of boiling; a boiling.
Sorry, no etymologies found.