from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The technique or process of working in stone.
- n. Work made of stone; stonemasonry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Constructions made of stone.
- n. The skills of constructing with stone, stonecraft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work or wall consisting of stone; mason's work of stone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Work consisting of stone; masons' work of stone.
- n. See the qualifying words.
- n. In printing, the imposing of pages of type on a surface of stone and the securing of them in the chase f or electrotyping or printing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. masonry done with stone
Sorry, no etymologies found.