from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Work in iron, such as gratings and rails.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything made of iron, or consists largely of it, especially when used for decoration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything made of iron; -- a general name of such parts or pieces of a building, vessel, carriage, etc., as consist of iron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Objects and parts of objects made of iron, as locks and keys, utensils, parts of a building, of a vessel, or the like: as, ornamental ironwork.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. work made of iron (gratings or rails or railings etc)
Sorry, no etymologies found.