from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Construction or ornamental work done with plaster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Architectural work executed in plaster.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Plastering used to finish architectural constructions, exterior or interior, especially that used for the lining of rooms. Ordinarly, mortar is used for the greater part of the work, and pure plaster of Paris for the moldings and ornaments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The preparing or putting up of plaster, in the sense of two or three coats, or more, of mortar upon walls or ceilings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a surface of hardened plaster (as on a wall or ceiling)
Sorry, no etymologies found.