from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See masterpiece.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece done to prove possession of skill sufficient to be ranked a master.
- n. A piece of quality, indicative of having been made by a master; a masterpiece.
- n. An act of primary importance.
- n. A main drain or irrigation channel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Principal performance; masterpiece; chef-d'œuvre.
Sorry, no etymologies found.