from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A narrow flat braid in a herringbone pattern, used for trimming and embroidery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow braid often decorated with a herringbone pattern
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of narrow braid, usually of silk; -- also known as Russian braid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A very narrow fiat braid, made of wool, cotton, silk, or tinsel, and sewed upon fabrics as a decoration, usually in fanciful designs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a narrow braid used as a decorative trimming
French, from Hungarian sujtás.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)