from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy, nonporous, nontranslucent pottery, such as jasper ware, that is fired at a high temperature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of pottery that is fired at a high temperature and is dense, opaque and nonporous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of coarse potter's ware, glazed and baked.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Potters' ware made from clay of very silicious nature, or a composition of clay and flint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ceramic ware that is fired in high heat and vitrified and nonporous
stone + -ware (Wiktionary)