American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Tableware that is fairly flat and fashioned usually of a single piece, as plates.
- n. Table utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ceramics, plates, dishes, saucers, and the like, collectively, as distinguished from hollow-ware.
- n. US Eating utensils; cutlery, such as forks, knives and spoons.
- n. plates, dishes and other relatively flat crockery.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. eating utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons, considered collectively.
- n. tableware that is relatively flat and fashioned as a single piece
- n. silverware eating utensils
“If you're using all the same napkins and plates (and I was), mismatching the flatware is a great way to add some unexpected interest to an otherwise semi-blah table.”
“The Arc Keyboard is all about the home, and Microsoft Hardware's industrial design team drew its inspiration from modern home accessories such as flatware, lighting fixtures and vases.”
“I have never had enough on one kind of flatware to set a whole table anyway and also just hoped no one noticed.”
“Fun dishes, flatware, and glasses that come from a variety of places, including shuttered restaurants and hotels, at amazing prices.”
“Mum remembers monitoring for several months a genuine fairy circle, and delivering gifts of home-made fairy crockery and flatware for which there were always enchanting thank-you letters written out on gumleaves waiting for her the next day.”
“When I got out of law school, I had three goals for my incipient life as a real person: a real bed that didn't fold out, framed pictures on the wall instead of posters stuck up with masking tape that doesn't leave a mark and cost you part of your security deposit, and matching dishes and flatware.”
“The most-popular items registered at four big retailers, Bed Bath & Beyond , Target, Macy's and Crate and Barrel, highlight some marked departures from perennially popular flatware, small appliances and other traditional items.”
“You will need everything from the kitchen equipment and tables, chairs, glassware, flatware, and china to the lighting equipment, staging equipment, dance floor, and more.”
“And why keep subjecting my boys to the indignities of poverty, like fast food, public education, rubber shoes, dead electronic devices, outdoor furniture masquerading as indoor furniture, plastic flatware, and basic cable?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘flatware’.
Shareware and its friends.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for flatware.