from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Hollowware and flatware made of or plated with silver.
- n. Metal eating and serving utensils.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything made from silver.
- n. Anything with a silvery colour.
- n. knives, forks and spoons
- n. trophies, success in a competition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Dishes, vases, ornaments, and utensils of various sorts, made of silver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Collectively, manufactures of silver; especially, articles for the table or other domestic use made of silver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tableware made of silver or silver plate or pewter or stainless steel
He should also make sure never to end a sentence with a preposition, and always use silverware from the inside out.
• 'People might say it is a Mickey Mouse cup but it's a trophy'• Winger has yet to win silverware in his professional career
If you're interested in silverware, you should go check it out.
Jean-Marc was now attaching a fork (as in silverware, and never mind how many points we had to save at Esso for it, or just how many tanks of gas that fork represents) to one end.
Then for that special touch there's designer upholstery and custom-made leather seats from BMW that convert into flat beds, gold-plated bathroom fittings, handmade linen and bedware from Noel in Paris, silverware from the French house Christofle, crockery, barware and crystal icetongs comes from the trendy
The Reds may have lost out to Chelsea in the race for title silverware last season, but Sir Alex's men got their hands on the first trophy of the new campaign with a 3-1 victory over the Blues at Wembley.
" The details of her argument, I admit, had numbed me right from the moment she'd first revealed them many, many sessions before, but one of her more passionate protests had to do with an arcane concept she called silverware nesting.
If Arsenal doesn't win the English title, it will be six years without silverware, which is a serious drought for any top European side.
My cereal is stored in the drawer below the bowls, which are below the silverware, which is below the three tier stand I keep on the counter, which is next to the refrigerated drawer I keep the milk in.
One bag was labelled silverware; another, jewels; another, cash; and another, souvenirs.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.