from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Statues considered as a group.
- n. The art of making statues.
- n. A sculptor.
- adj. Of, relating to, or suitable for a statue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The craft of making statues.
- n. A person who makes statues.
- n. Statues considered collectively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who practices the art of making statues.
- n. The art of carving statues or images as representatives of real persons or things; a branch of sculpture.
- n. A collection of statues; statues, collectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a statue or statuary.
- n. One who makes statues; a sculptor; specifically, one who makes statues in metal, a bronze-caster, or one who makes copies of statues designed by another artist.
- n. The art of carving or making statues or figures in the round representing persons, animals, etc.: a main branch of sculpture.
- n. Statues collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or suitable for statues
- n. statues collectively
From Latin statuārius, of a statue, from statua, statue; see statue.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)