from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling marble, as in smoothness, whiteness, or hardness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling marble or a marble statue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, marble; made of marble.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling marble; having the properties of marble; marble-like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of marble
From Latin marmoreus, from marmor, marble.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin marmoreus, from marmor ("marble"). (Wiktionary)