from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that cuts or carves stone.
- n. A machine that is used to dress stone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody who cuts, carves or dresses stone.
- n. A machine that is used to cut stone or concrete.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose occupation is to cut stone; also, a machine for dressing stone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation it is to hew or cut stones for building, ornamental, or other purposes.
- n. A machine for shaping or facing stones.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who cuts or carves stone
stone + cutter. (Wiktionary)