from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who is a specialist in library work.
- n. A person who is responsible for a collection of specialized or technical information or materials, such as musical scores or computer documentation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The keeper, manager of a library
- n. One who cares for the publications, files etc. in a library, whether staff or volunteer
- n. A person who processes and organizes information
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has the care or charge of a library.
- n. One who copies manuscript books.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who transcribes or copies books.
- n. The keeper or custodian of a library; one who has charge of the books and other contents of a library.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a professional person trained in library science and engaged in library services
library + -an. First attested around 1710. (Wiktionary)