from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Bulgaria or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Bulgaria. Also called Bulgar.
- n. The Slavic language of the Bulgarians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to Bulgaria, its people, or the Bulgarian language.
- n. A native of Bulgaria.
- proper n. The official language of Bulgaria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Bulgars. Also Bulgaric.
- Pertaining to Bulgaria, a principality under the nominal suzerainty of Turkey, lying south of the Danube and west of the Black Sea.
- n. A member of the race inhabiting and giving name to Bulgaria; a Slavic Bulgar.
- n. The language of the Bulgarians, or Slavic Bulgars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Bulgaria or its people
- n. a Slavic language spoken in Bulgaria
- n. a native or inhabitant of Bulgaria
Bulgaria + -an (Wiktionary)