from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Europe.
- n. A person of European descent.
- adj. Of or relating to Europe or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related to Europe or the European Union.
- n. Person living or originating from Europe.
- n. Person who resides within the European Union.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Europe, or to its inhabitants.
- proper n. A native or an inhabitant of Europe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to or connected with Europe; native to or derived from Europe: as, the European race of men; European plants; European civilization: European news.
- n. A native of Europe; a person born of European parents or belonging to Europe.
- n. More generally, a member of the European race, or of any one of the races of Europe; a person of European descent in any country outside of Europe, as distinguished from the indigenous people of such country.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Europe or the people of Europe
- n. a native or inhabitant of Europe
From French Européen, viâ Latin europaeus, ultimately from Ancient Greek Ευρωπαίος (Europaios, "European"). (Wiktionary)