American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Finland.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of Finland; a Finlander.
- n. Ethnologically— A member of the Finnic race in general.
- n. Specifically, a member of that branch of the Finnic race inhabiting Finland and other parts of northwestern Russia, and calling themselves Suomi or Suomalaiset. See Finnic.
- n. An abbreviation of Finnish.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. A native of Finland; one of the Finn� in the ethnological sense. See finns.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Finland
- An anglicized form of Fionn. (Wiktionary)
- From Swedish Finne. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“(From "Huckleberry Finn," by Samuel L. Clemens)] _Huckleberry Finn_ (1885) has been called the _Odyssey_ of the Mississippi.”
“She and Ryan's manservant, if that's what one called Finn, had reached an easy accord that delighted her.”
“Jokela: This Finn is a horse who routinely plays 30-plus minutes a game.”
“Finn is a particularly valuable witness on this matter because he has been in Washington for three decades, and once had an important position in the Reagan administration as one of Education Secretary Bill Bennett's key lieutenants.”
“Are we so quick to snatch a copy of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn from the same kid?”
“Finn is just the funniest, smartest, most endearing little boy in the world.”
“Finn is dubious, but when all of his prayers come to pass, he becomes so concerned about the power of Grilled Cheesus, he decides to eat it.”
“And frankly, Huckleberry Finn is a classic example of a story that wants to insist that all will be well, no matter what occurs.”
“This situation harkens a recent plot twist in "Glee," in which star athlete/glee club tenor Finn is kicked off the football team and loses his spot as starting quarterback, thus severely diminishing his popularity.”
“Given that Smith still has a few extra pounds on her, I'd wager little Finn is still up for nightime feeds.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Finn’.
Looking for tweets for Finn.