from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Finland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Finland.
- proper n. A male given name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. A native of Finland; one of the Finn� in the ethnological sense. See finns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of Finland; a Finlander.
- n. Ethnologically— A member of the Finnic race in general.
- n. Specifically, a member of that branch of the Finnic race inhabiting Finland and other parts of northwestern Russia, and calling themselves Suomi or Suomalaiset. See Finnic.
- n. An abbreviation of Finnish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Finland
From Swedish Finne.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
An anglicized form of Fionn. (Wiktionary)