Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A Middle English form of mine.
- n. Memory; remembrance.
- To bring to the mind of; remind.
- To remember.
- To mention.
- n. Mother.
- n. A dialectal or affected form of man.
- n. An abbreviation of mineralogy, mineralogical, minimum, minute, minim, and minor.
- An abbreviation of minister.
- n. mathematics minimum function
- abbr. Alternative form of min..
- adj. Scotland Less.
- n. obsolete Memory; remembrance.
- n. minimum.
- v. transitive, obsolete To bring to the mind of; remind.
- v. transitive, obsolete To remember.
- v. transitive, obsolete To mention.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An abbreviation for minute, a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour.
- n. a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour
- n. an Egyptian god of procreation
- n. any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province
- From Middle English minnen, mynnen, from Old Norse minna ("to bring to mind"), from minni ("memory"). See above. (Wiktionary)
“Yü-ts'un clapped his hands and said smiling, "It's so, I know! for this female pupil of mine, whose name is Tai-yü, invariably pronounces the character _min_ as _mi_, whenever she comes across it in the course of her reading; while, in writing, when she comes to the character 'min,' she likewise reduces the strokes by one, sometimes by two.”
“NIH min is slightly under $37K for a 1st-year postdoc right now.”
“Some of them are pretty damn funny. 10 min is a little long though.”
“If you're speaking with a man and want to ask him where he's from, you use the phrase min ` ayna ` anta (min ay-na ann-ta).”
“For the most part, they are filled chock full of a pack of miserable toadies to the governmint, which manages to gather into them a pack of rottin, ladin Irishmin who can make speeches, dhrink”
“When you call the min () method on a collection of numbers, the caller thread will create an accumulator or so-far-the-smallest-value initialized to the minimum value of the given type, let say to zero.”
“In his eleventh year, he not only published a learned letter in Latin, but translated the travels of Rabbi Benja - min from the Hebrew into French, which ne illustrated with notes, and accompanied with dissertations; a work in which his father, as he himself declares, could give him little assistance, as he did not understand the Rab - binical dialect.”
“wv minfun= in Afrikaans min=little/few. this was definitely "min" fun!”
“You can use to layout the GeekTool info =) One with the menubar in min and one without.”
“To quantify the effects of ionizing radiation and other forms of electromagnetic radiation on the electron transfer properties of melanin “we irradiated dry C. neoformans melanin for 20 and 40 min with 14 Gy/min from a 137Cs source and measured its electron transfer properties in the coupled oxidation of NADH and reduction of ferricyanide.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘min’.
Things about ancient Egypt
Looking for tweets for min.