American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Taiwan or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Taiwan.
- n. The variety of Chinese spoken on Taiwan.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Taiwan.
- n. A person from Taiwan; usually plural.
- n. The popular name of the variant of Hokkien spoken in Taiwan, the native language of the Hoklo.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Taiwan
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the island republic on Taiwan or its residents or their language
- n. any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province
- From Taiwan + -ese (Wiktionary)
“Half hakka & taiwanese, shoud I cut myself into half and leave the Taiwanese 1/2 in Taiwan and exile the Hakka 1/2 abroad?”
“I remember the original email circulating in Taiwan about two years ago, but I didn't think it was taken to heart so people would demand to be called Taiwaners, and deem the term Taiwanese out-of-date.”
“Because the Taipei regime still considers itself the legitimate government of China, always use the term Chines when speaking with government officials. adjective: The term Taiwanese is appropriate only when referring to Taiwan’s geographic features and cultural matters food, history, art, and so on and when referring to those who lived in the country before 1949 and their descendants.”
“The idea for the debonding layer, says an ITRI spokeswoman, came from watching cooks prepare paper-thin Taiwanese pancakes, which can be easily peeled from a pan at high temperatures.”
“It is an important day for the dead in Taiwanese traditional religion.”
“Leader in Taiwanese-animated news reports NMA News has done it again, covering Jon Stewart's Rally To Restore Sanity in their latest video.”
“Leader in Taiwanese-animated news reports NMA News has done it again, covering Jon Stewart”
“It said foreign investors accounted for about 56% of holdings of such short-term Taiwanese products as of Oct. 26.”
“He knows more than your average Taiwan reporter, but he calls Taiwanese a dialect argh... if it was, why isn't your Mandarin helping you out with it Mr. Adams?”
“We welcome his talents as a researcher and specialist in Taiwanese history and look forward to working together for the POWs.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Taiwanese’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
The suffix -ese in action
Looking for tweets for Taiwanese.