Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Sudan, or Soudan, a region in Africa lying south of Sahara, and sometimes extended to include the valley of the middle Nile and the region eastward to the Red Sea.
- An inhabitant or the inhabitants of Sudan.
- Also Soudanese.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to the country of Sudan, or the Sudanese people.
- n. A person from Sudan or of Sudanese descent.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Sudan
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the African Republic of the Sudan or its people
“Bol won, wearing red shorts stitched with the nickname "Sudanese Freedom Fighter.”
“Libyan government investment vehicle Libyan African Investments Portfolio (LAP) has acquired an 80% stake in Southern Sudanese telecoms operator Gemtel via its telecoms arm, LAP Green Networks, Ugandan news source The New Vision reports.”
“The report, titled "Sudanese Victims of Organ Trafficking in Egypt," includes video testimony of corroborating victims, as well as documentation of ultrasounds, and records from transplant centers where African refugees have been targeted by brokers.”
“Senior officials - including Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and national security adviser James L. Jones - have called Sudanese leaders to press for progress.”
“The video shows a woman in a voluminous cloak on her knees screaming and pleading with blue-uniformed policemen, identified as Sudanese, who take turns whipping her across the head and feet.”
“Legal experts as well as human rights activists say they expect Moreno-Ocampo to name Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir.”
“I wish I had some aseeda now, he said, referring to a Sudanese bread that Umma makes so expertly.”
“In "Fuzzy-Wuzzy," for example, the narrator calls his Sudanese opponent a "big black boundin 'beggar" but salutes him as "a first-class fightin 'man.”
“We need to be prepared for the outcome that we have seen so often with the Sudanese, which is promises that are then not met,”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Sudanese’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
The suffix -ese in action
Looking for tweets for Sudanese.