from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Myanmar (formerly Burma) or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Myanmar.
- n. The Sino-Tibetan language of Myanmar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Burma (or Myanmar), the Burmese people or the Burmese language.
- n. A person from Myanmar or of Burmese descent.
- n. A medium size, short hair domestic cat breed, originating in Thailand.
- proper n. The Sino-Tibetan official language of the country Myanmar. Also known as Myanmar (which is the name preferred by the country's current government).
- proper n. The script in which the Myanmar language is written. Also known as Myanmar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Burmah, or its inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Burma.
- n. singular or plural An inhabitant or inhabitants of Burma. See Burman.
- n. The language of the people of Burma. It is one of the monosyllabic languages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Myanmar or its people
- n. a native or inhabitant of Myanmar
- n. the official language of Burma
Sorry, no etymologies found.
JOE WASILEWSKI, TRAPS BURMESE PYTHONS FOR FLORIDA: The next 10 miles seems to be the hot spot for Burmese pythons.
JOE WASILEWSKI, TRACK BURMESE PYTHONS FOR FLORIDA: The next 10 miles seems to be the hot spot for Burmese pythons.
About 10 years ago, an INDIAN diplomat said to a group of BURMESE POLITICAL ACTIVISTS that they should try to take HER out -- exile -- so that Burmese people will have a chance to get FREEDOM because he saw THE USELESSNESS of HER staying inside BURMA.
Me: i forgot burmese word, how do u say Freedom in Burmese?
Tha-U-Wa-A-Pa, or “The Father of the White Monkey” in Burmese, is also the son of Christian missionaries, originally from Texas.
The eight-line poem in Burmese is about a man brokenhearted after falling for a fashion model, whom he thanks for having taught him the meaning of love.
The original quotes were written in Burmese language.
The original article was written in Burmese language.
The original quote is written in Burmese language.
The original articles were written in Burmese language.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.