from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Myanmar (formerly Burma) or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Myanmar.
- n. The Sino-Tibetan language of Myanmar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Burma (or Myanmar), the Burmese people or the Burmese language.
- n. A person from Myanmar or of Burmese descent.
- n. A medium size, short hair domestic cat breed, originating in Thailand.
- proper n. The Sino-Tibetan official language of the country Myanmar. Also known as Myanmar (which is the name preferred by the country's current government).
- proper n. The script in which the Myanmar language is written. Also known as Myanmar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Burmah, or its inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Burma.
- n. singular or plural An inhabitant or inhabitants of Burma. See Burman.
- n. The language of the people of Burma. It is one of the monosyllabic languages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Myanmar or its people
- n. a native or inhabitant of Myanmar
- n. the official language of Burma
Sorry, no etymologies found.