American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Asia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Asia.
- n. A person of Asian descent.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Asia, a continent extending from Europe eastward to the Pacific ocean, and from the frozen ocean on the north to the Indian ocean on the south.
- n. A person from Asia.
- n. UK , (British Africa), A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, sometimes including East and Southeast Asia.
- n. US, Australia, Canada , A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, East and Southeast Asia, sometimes excluding the Indian Subcontinent.
- n. New Zealand, US , A person who originates from East or Southeast Asia, very rarely used in reference to people from the Indian Subcontinent.
- n. A domestic cat of a breed similar to the Burmese.
- adj. Of, relating to or from Asia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Asia; Asiatic.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Asia
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture
“What makes this re-invisioning all the more interesting is the racism angle from the perspective of an african-american in an american-influenced asian society; whereas the original simply dealt with the issues of class minorities in America and it's attitudes towards violence, and it wasn't until the second Karate Kid that they started looking at the clash between Asian and American culture.”
“The asian populations at top schools are far beyond their percentage of the population, probably because the U.S. accepted only the cream of Asian immigrants.”
“GORDON C.C. LIAO, "THE ASIAN AMERIC.N EXEC.TIVE": What we found basically was that there was somewhat of a conflict between quote/unquote Asian values and success in corporate America.”
“So Nixon-are you a racist against American's because you are of the ASIAN Race and live (d) in a Asian country?”
“Asia's a big place with many different cultures/peoples/beliefs etc...and the term Asian is as vague and pointless as Black and/or White. it's also a means by which racists masquerading as liberals gloss over some of the problems that seem to be particular to Islam, at least in the West and in this century”
“I always capitalize the term Asian, when it am using it as a racial category.”
“The term Asian American gained popularity around the same time that African American did.”
“The British use the term Asian more broadly than we do.”
“The use of the term Asian men is misleading to most Westerners and it is a dodge so as not to confuse the attackers with third world Islamic extremists who pretty much run England these days.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Asian’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
This list includes domestic cat breeds and domestic/wild hybrids.
Abyssinian, Aegean, American Bobtail, American Curl, American Longhair, American Polydactyl, American Shorthair, American Wirehair, Asian, Asian Semi-longhair, Australian Mist, Balinese and 80 more...
Looking for tweets for Asian.