American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Anthropology Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India. See Usage Note at race1.
- adj. Of or relating to a racial group having white skin, especially one of European origin; white.
- adj. Of or relating to the Caucasus region or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- adj. Of or relating to a group of three language families spoken in the region of the Caucasus mountains, including Chechen, Abkhaz, and the Kartvelian languages.
- n. Anthropology A member of the Caucasian racial classification.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Caucasus.
- n. The Caucasian language family.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Caucasus, a range of mountains between Asia and Europe; specifically, appellative of one of the races into which Blumenbach divided the human family. See II.
- n. In Blumenbach's ethnological system, the highest type of human family, including nearly all Europeans, the Circassians, Armenians, Persians, Hindus, Jews, etc. He gave this name to the race because he regarded a skull he had obtained from the Caucasus as the standard of the human type.
- adj. Of, or relating to the Caucasus region or its people, languages and culture.
- adj. anthropology, archaic Of a racial classification; pertaining to people having certain phenotypical features such as straight, wavy or curly hair and very light to brown pigmented skin, and originating from Europe, parts of Northern Africa and Western, Central and South Asia.
- adj. US, of a person White, being a white person: of European descent.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Caucasus.
- n. anthropology, archaic A member of the Caucasian racial classification.
- n. A person of European descent, a white person.
- n. linguistics A group of languages spoken in the Caucasus area.
- n. humorous, bartending The White Russian, a cocktail consisting of coffee liqueur, vodka, and milk. Apparently originated in the 1998 film The Big Lebowski.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Caucasus, a mountainous region between the Black and Caspian seas.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the white races of mankind, of whom the people about Mount Caucasus were formerly taken as the type.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Caucasus, esp. a Circassian or Georgian.
- n. A member of any of the white races of mankind.
- adj. of or relating to Caucasian people
- n. a member of the Caucasoid race
- n. a number of languages spoken in the Caucasus that are unrelated to languages spoken elsewhere
- adj. of or relating to the geographical region of Caucasia
“Their origin was thought to be in the Caucasus Mountains, hence the term "Caucasian.”
“States and of pure Caucasian stock, the term Caucasian to eliminate "certain races of people from the near east" not recognized as pure Caucasians by Dr. Bate”
“The sole tenet of Europe has been the domination of the world by the Caucasian and suddenly it discovers that the term Caucasian is too narrow to include both Saxon and Teuton.”
“If this "researcher" is alluding to the "white race," the first mistake in this report is that the term Caucasian was coined as a result of examination of only "one" human skull.”
“The term Caucasian (or Caucasoid) race has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the indigenous populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, West”
“The fact that teabaggers, deathers, and birther fringe (talk about bottom of the deck) are overwhelmingly Caucasian is supposed to be some kind of "coincidence.”
“In the case of Captain Caucasian, the lead singer of the band happens to be a DJ in Austin, Texas who goes by the name Bobby Bones, and he mentioned his desire to be the number one search on the radio.”
“You could try what Captain Caucasian and the Raging Idiots did: they asked their fans to make them the most searched-for term on Google, and it seems to have worked, if only briefly.”
“We wanted to have a Caucasian poet involved, because Caucasian is a race, and race does not just face certain people, or certain groups of people; it is simultaneously a large, national, global issue and also a very specific, private one that pertains to all citizens.”
“The incidence of lactose intolerance in Caucasian adult patients is 7% – 20%, but the association with resistance to treatment with oral LT4 is unusual.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Caucasian’.
It's fun to find the politically incorrect equivalents. To see more (lesser common but still funny ones) check http://www.bored.com/pcphrases/
fellow Muslims, ageing population, gender mainstreaming, emerging democracies, mentally challeng..., intellectually di..., African American, native American, first nations, Caucasian, firefighter, police officer and 205 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for Caucasian.