from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Persuasion: moral suasion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of urging or influencing; persuasion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of persuading; persuasion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or effort of persuading; the use of persuasive means or efforts: now chiefly in the phrase moral suasion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of persuading (or attempting to persuade); communication intended to induce belief or action
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin suāsiō, suāsiōn-, from suāsus, past participle of suādēre, to advise; see swād- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)