from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who spreads malicious stories or gossip.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An indiscreet person who spreads gossip.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who officiously tells tales; one who impertinently or maliciously communicates intelligence, scandal, etc., and makes mischief.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who tells tales likely to breed mischief; one who carries stories and makes mischief by his officiousness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who gossips indiscreetly
Sorry, no etymologies found.