from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nosy person; a busybody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person eager to learn news and scandal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is curious to know everything that passes; one who knows, or pretends to know, all that is going on.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is curious to know everything that passes, and is continually asking “What now?” or “What news?” hence, one who knows or pretends to know all that is going on in politics, society, etc.; a newsmonger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who meddles in the affairs of others
Latin quid nunc?, what now? : quid, what; see kwo- in Indo-European roots + nunc, now; see nu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin "quid nunc?", What now?. (Wiktionary)