from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Variant of narc.
- n. An informer, especially a police informer.
- intransitive v. To be an informer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narcotics law enforcement officer.
- n. A police spy or informer.
- v. To annoy or irritate.
- v. To stop.
- v. To serve or behave as a spy or informer.
- v. To complain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A law enforcement agent specializing in narcotics law violations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. inform or spy (for the police)
- n. an informer or spy working for the police
- n. a lawman concerned with narcotics violations
- v. cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
Perhaps from Romany nāk, nose.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
see narc (Wiktionary)
From Romani nak. (Wiktionary)