American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To chatter; babble.
- n. Idle chatter.
- n. A blabbermouth.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To speak inarticulately; babble; mumble.
- To tell tales; blab; talk idly.
- To fib; falter.
- To whistle to a horse.
- n. A tattler; a telltale.
- Swollen; protruding: as, blabber-lipped; blabber cheeks.
- v. to run one's mouth in such a way as to (inadvertently/unintentionally) spoil a surprise
- n. A person who blabs; a tattler; a telltale.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. one who blabr; a tattler; a telltale.
- v. speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- n. one who reveals confidential information in return for money
- From Middle English blaberen (Wiktionary)
- Middle English blaberen. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“But come on, in a comic book (especially in a manga-style one), such blabber is out of place.”
“It wouldn’t be an assault on my mind like watching Palin blabber on about elitism.”
“Seeing that I'm going to graduate school to explore questions of sexuality and gender within Video Games in a very serious way in about six months, I find your drunken "blabber" actually pretty spot on.”
“When will the intelligentia of our Nation see through this woman who is nothing but a "blabber" of worst kind.”
“Putin said he and Medvedev frequently discussed foreign policy but claimed that the decisions were always left to Medvedev and dismissed as "blabber" the notion that he was still running the country.”
“Trump said in a statement that he was surprised to hear Cosby blabber, somewhat incoherently, 'you run or shut up.”
“The blabber mouth went to five different colleges just to get a degree in journalism.”
“Kudos to the first angry white conservative to blabber about reverse racism though.”
“This is the worst part of the internet neverending blabber and the need for fresh shocking material – a world that I am so guilty of participating in.”
“When you're trying to root out devils the last thing a family needs is a blabber jabber on the inside singing like a canary.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blabber’.
Words for Talking
( open list, randomness )
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words formed in imitation of a natural sound.
Words with the letter b within the word, not just as the initial or last letter.
Linguistic exuberance from the childrens' books of William Steig
Words that begin with "bl" and have to do with speech or language.
Looking for tweets for blabber.