Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being absurd or inconsistent with obvious truth, reason, or sound judgment; want of rationality or common sense: as, the absurdity of superstition; absurdity of conduct.
- n. That which is absurd; an absurd action, statement, argument, custom, etc.: as, the absurdities of men; your explanation involves a gross absurdity.
- n. Synonyms Absurdness, silliness, unreasonableness, self-contradiction, preposterousness, inconsistency. See folly.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being absurd or inconsistent with obvious truth, reason, or sound judgment.
- n. That which is absurd; an absurd action; a logical contradiction.
- n. a message whose content is at variance with reason
- n. a ludicrous folly
“Chairing the debate was UK Liberal Democrat MEP Diana Wallis, who objected when Dartmouth raised what he called the absurdity of southern European states being involved in any policy to do with the Arctic.”
“The 'absurdity' is the treating of stock and option grants DIFFERENTLY.”
“A certain Dada-esque absurdity is probably the best contribution to discussions of this nature.”
“In the spirit of sorting out some of the absurdity from the more reasonable discourse going in the environmental discussion, let's look at some of the issues which seem to bring on some of the most contentious debate.”
“In the spirit of sorting out some of the absurdity from the more reasonable discourse going in the environmental discussion, let”
“The entirety of the absurdity is eerily similar to Joseph K being accused of a crime he does not know.”
“The absurdity is that her students don't yet know the alphabet.”
“That same absurdity is implicit in so many of the other Republican economic positions.”
“But to demagogue it as an absurdity is pure fringe thinking.”
“The resolution contained numerous twists of history, but the most glaring absurdity is the following:”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘absurdity’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words from the book 'Tale of two cities'
Words I like to use, words I like but may forget.
Words from 2009 'Watchmen' film.
Words that either have the meaning of "nonsense" or themselves are nonsensical.
Looking for tweets for absurdity.