from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being strange.
- n. Physics A quantum number equal to hypercharge minus baryon number, indicating the possible transformations of an elementary particle upon strong interaction with another elementary particle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being strange, odd or weird.
- n. The product or result of being strange.
- n. one of the quantum numbers of subatomic particles that depends upon the relative number of strange quarks and anti-strange quarks
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being strange (in any sense of the adjective).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being strange, in any sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (physics) one of the six flavors of quark
- n. the quality of being alien or not native
- n. unusualness as a consequence of not being well known
From strange + -ness. (Wiktionary)