from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being new; novelty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being new
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being new.
- n. The state of being newly introduced; novelty.
- n. An innovation; a recent change.
- n. Want of practice or familiarity.
- n. A new condition; reformation or regeneration.
- n. Synonyms See new.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being new; the opposite of oldness
From Middle English newnesse, from Old English nīwnes ("newness, novelty"), equivalent to new + -ness. (Wiktionary)