from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being authentic, trustworthy, or genuine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original.
- n. Truthfulness of origins, attributions, commitments, sincerity, and intentions.
- n. The quality of being authentic (of established authority).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being authentic or of established authority for truth and correctness.
- n. Genuineness; the quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being authentic, or entitled to acceptance as authoritative, genuine, true, or correct: as, the authenticity of the Scriptures or of a document; the authenticity of a portrait; the authenticity of a statement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. undisputed credibility
authentic + -ity (Wiktionary)