American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Conformity to fact.
- n. Precision; exactness.
- n. The ability of a measurement to match the actual value of the quantity being measured.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or quality of being accurate; extreme precision or exactness; exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; correctness: as, the value of testimony depends on its accuracy; copies of legal instruments should be taken with accuracy.
- n. Synonyms Accurateness, exactness, exactitude, precision, carefulness, care, niceness, nicety.
- n. The state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exactness; nicety; correctness
- n. Exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; degree of conformity of a measure to a true or standard value.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; precision; exactness; nicety; correctness.
- n. (mathematics) the number of significant figures given in a number
- n. the quality of being near to the true value
“Like I say, the accuracy is a little troubling but I know it can be improved - but how on earth does this tiny little gun weigh 6 lbs???”
“Unproven Matt Prater has a booming leg on kickoffs, but his accuracy is the question mark.”
“One way to judge the accuracy is the Bermuda grass rough that outlines the fairways.”
“Something witht hat kind of accuracy is the kind of advantage I need.”
“I guess it depends whether something called 'accuracy' is important to you.”
“But when you probe that claim, its accuracy is open to question.”
“I used to shoot 3inch Remington copper solids, but changed to 2 3/4 this year and have seen no difference in accuracy or ability to take down a deer, and I am much more willing to put in the time at the range now.”
“I'd add that your accuracy is hard to beat with anything if your bullets touch at 100 yards.”
“If you can keep it supersonic all the way to the target, accuracy is better.”
“Older and wiser, I start a load at the recommended end of the manual listing, and work up at the rate the tech did, until accuracy is achieved, record that load in my own book of tears and continue upward until either accuracy suffers, or pressure signs show.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘accuracy’.
parsing, tagging, computational lin..., computer science, language processing, machine learning, natural language ..., semantic level, word sense ambiguity, discourse level, anaphora, ambiguity and 332 more...
Use these and get promoted
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Abbe-Helmert crit..., a priori probability, alphabet, total correlation, three-dimensional..., theoretical frequ..., time reversal test, three-series theorem, theoretical variable, tetrachoric corre..., absolutely unbias..., absolute error and 4171 more...
ammunition, anti-aircraft mac..., anti-vehicle mine, automatic machine..., ballistic missile..., bazooka, biological weapons, booby trap, bunker-busting bomb, chemical weapons, cluster bomb, light battleship and 218 more...
Very basic words for ESL students.
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
Looking for tweets for accuracy.