from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ratio, in a precious metal, of the primary metal to any additives or impurities.
- n. The ratio of a ship's length to her beam.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being fine.
- n. Freedom from foreign matter or alloy; clearness; purity.
- n. The proportion of pure silver or gold in jewelry, bullion, or coins.
- n. Keenness or sharpness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being fine, in any sense.
- n. Specifically, the quantity of pure metal in alloys expressed by number of parts in 1,000.
- n. Finesse; subtlety.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being very good indeed
- n. the quality of being beautiful and delicate in appearance
- n. having a very fine texture
- n. the property of being very narrow or thin
fine + -ness (Wiktionary)