from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ability to perceive sensation.
- n. The ability to be aware of (and, usually, react with regard to) the feelings of others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property or character of being sensitive; especially, tendency or disposition to be easily influenced or affected by external objects, events, or circumstances: as, abnormal sensitiveness; the sensitiveness of a balance or some fine mechanism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sensitivity to emotional feelings (of self and others)
- n. (physiology) responsiveness to external stimuli; the faculty of sensation
- n. the ability to respond to affective changes in your interpersonal environment
- n. the ability to respond to physical stimuli or to register small physical amounts or differences
From sensitive + -ness (Wiktionary)