from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being excitable
- n. A measure of how easy something is to excite
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being readily excited; proneness to be affected by exciting causes.
- n. The property manifested by living organisms, and the elements and tissues of which they are constituted, of responding to the action of stimulants; irritability.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being excitable; readiness or proneness to be provoked or moved into action; the quality of being easily agitated; nervousness.
- n. In physiology, irritability.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excessive sensitivity of an organ or body part
- n. being easily excited
Sorry, no etymologies found.