from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being receptive
- n. The extent to which something is receptive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being receptive.
- n. The power or capacity of receiving impressions, as those of the external senses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being receptive; ability to receive or take in; specifically, a natural passive power of the mind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. willingness or readiness to receive (especially impressions or ideas)
Sorry, no etymologies found.