from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being versatile or having many different abilities; flexibility.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being versatile; versatileness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being changeable or fickle; variableness.
- n. The faculty of easily turning one's mind to new tasks or subjects; facility in taking up various pursuits or lines of thought or action; versatileness: as, the versatility of genius.
- n. Specifically, in ornithology, capability of turning either backward or forward, as a toe; the versatile movement of such a digit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. having a wide variety of skills
Inge lost his starting job at third base to offseason acquisition Miguel Cabrera, but his versatility is the main reason the Tigers held on to him.
A notable example of his versatility is an introduction he wrote for a collection of the comic strip Krazy Kat.
He does a little bit of everything in games, and his versatility is a major strength.
He's fulfilled every expectation as the D'Backs 'speedy leadoff hitter and his versatility is an added plus.
Musical theater has become my area of interest and versatility is important since every show calls for a different technique.
From the point of view of reputation with posterity, versatility is a dangerous gift, and seems to arouse a sort of jealousy.
Carter's versatility is exactly what TCU seems to like out of all of its skill position players.
I know caliber versatility is a matter of opinion, but a. 338win is a serious caliber in anyone's book and other then elk and moose as a steady diet it's alotta gun to tote and shoot for most hunters.
The only other bait that comes close for year round action and versatility is the spinnerbait.
But for the hunter with only one rifle, versatility is of greater importance.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.