American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The state or quality of being ambidextrous.
- n. Deceit or hypocrisy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The faculty of using both hands with equal facility.
- n. Double-dealing; duplicity.
- n. In law, the taking of money by a juror from both parties for a verdict.
- n. Property of being equally skillful with each hand (from the idea that either hand is like the right-hand).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being ambidextrous; the faculty of using both hands with equal facility. Versatility; general readiness.
- n. (Law) Double-dealing. A juror's taking of money from the both parties for a verdict.
- n. the property of being equally skillful with each hand
- Dating from the 17th Century CE; ambidexter + -ity, from Medieval Latin adjective ambidexter ("utilising both hands normally"), from Latin ambi- + dexter ("right, handy, opportune") (Wiktionary)
“His ambidexterity and facile handstopped witha face right out of Harry Potter recall a Doonesbury character.”
“(When you had Room 405 on reserve, with the key clinking in your pocket and you couldn't wait to show off your bra-removal ambidexterity.)”
“Hmm..the mild ambidexterity I referred to doesn't measure up: I throw left-handed, draw right handed.”
“It takes intense focus and a deft ambidexterity honed by hours of practice.”
“I agree with you that I think we can be both, but perhaps it's the culinary equivalent of ambidexterity?”
“Corporalita - the cultivation of grace, ambidexterity, fitness and poise”
“The classical Sinawali, a double-stick style popular in the Central Luzon plains, is fluid and requires ambidexterity - a primer for the sword and dagger system.”
“It's also well correlated with other incomplete or abnormal brain differentiation syndromes such as dyslexia, ambidexterity, and Asperger's.”
“Greater creativity too, sometimes ambidexterity, occasionally Dyslexia and/or Asperger's as downsides.”
“Description: McLish is noted for his ambidexterity.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ambidexterity’.
An arcade of artifice and deception.
words delicious to pronounce
The list of words that kirby1024 has gotten around to recording pronounciations for.
Looking for tweets for ambidexterity.