American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Able to use both hands with equal facility.
- adj. Unusually skillful; adroit.
- adj. Deceptive or hypocritical.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the faculty of using both hands with equal ease and dexterity; hence, skilful; facile.
- Practising or siding with both parties; double-dealing; deceitful.
- adj. Having equal ability in both hands; in particular, able to write equally well with both hands.
- adj. Practising or siding with both parties.
- adj. humorous Of a person, bisexual.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the faculty of using both hands with equal ease.
- adj. Practicing or siding with both parties.
- adj. equally skillful with each hand
- adj. marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another
- ambi- + Latin dexter ("right") + -ous (as if both hands are like the right hand, which is the stronger hand in most people). (Wiktionary)
- Alteration of archaic ambidexter, from Middle English, double dealer, from Medieval Latin : Latin ambi-, on both sides; see ambi- + Latin dexter, right-handed. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I hate to use the term ambidextrous because how many people really are?”
“The company on Thursday said it may pursue what it calls an "ambidextrous" strategy that would allow it to offer chips that include circuitry developed by other companies as well as its own.”
“Well the word ambidextrous means "both as right" meaning that you can use both hands like non-sinister people use their right hands.”
“And what do they call ambidextrous people, "Amby"?”
“The symmetry also makes it ambidextrous, which is great for any left / right-handed families that share a home computer.”
“You would give your right arm to be "ambidextrous" .. would that make you ambidextrous?”
“Pages tagged "ambidextrous" 5:51 pm on July 19, 2008 | # | Reply”
“The "ambidextrous" part means it each multi-mag carrier can be worn on either side of the body.”
“Main-Focus Sights", ambidextrous "Maximum Reach Magazine Release" buttons, "Minimal Error Disassembly" takedown lever, a loaded chamber indicator, a striker status indicator, an Ultra Safety Assurance (USA) trigger safety, grip safety, and "Multi-Adjust Rail System”
“#7 is NOT bullshit. and people don't have 'ambidextrous' minds.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ambidextrous’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
abducens.....draw..., ablation.....carr..., acetylcholine......., adrenalin.....nea..., afferent.....to c..., agnosia.....no kn..., alar.....wing-like, alexia.....no words, alveus.....canal, amacrine.....no l..., ambidextrous........, ambiguus.....doub... and 701 more...
Words that contain every vowel.
Words with letters a-m in the left half and n-z in the right half (suggested by oroboros on ambidextrous).
These are words that have a certain beauty about them and a gentleness on the tongue.
A jumble of words, sometimes contradictory, that add up to me. I'll probably be adding to this list for some time, because I'm a very complex individual. ;P
words that pique my interest either by meaning, pronunciation, or spelling, and words that otherwise tickle my fancy!!
Significant Words- Guiding you on your path to Snazzibility
a couple words
Looking for tweets for ambidextrous.