from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exhibiting or feeling ambivalence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Simultaneously experiencing or expressing opposing or contradictory feelings, beliefs, or motivations.
- adj. Alternately having one opinion or feeling, and then the opposite.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. undecided as to whether or not to take a proposed course of action; having feelings both for and against the proposed action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. uncertain or unable to decide about what course to follow
From ambivalence, from German Ambivalenz, from Latin ambi- ("in two ways") + valeō ("be strong") (Wiktionary)