from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. the quality of being paternal, i.e. like a father, e.g. characterized by behaving in benevolent and yet intrusive manner towards underlings
- adj. of, pertaining to, characteristic of or practicing paternalism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Benevolent but sometimes intrusive; -- used often of governments and the administration of large organizations. See paternal government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to paternalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. benevolent but sometimes intrusive
paternal + -istic (Wiktionary)