from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Mechanically determined.
- adj. Philosophy Of or relating to the philosophy of mechanism, especially tending to explain phenomena only by reference to physical or biological causes.
- adj. Automatic and impersonal; mechanical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the impersonal and automatic characteristics of a machine
- adj. Predetermined by, or as if by, a mechanism
- adj. Having a physical or biological cause
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to mechanism or to mechanists: as, “mechanistic combination,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. explained in terms of physical forces
- adj. of or relating to the philosophical theory of mechanism
Sorry, no etymologies found.