from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or concerning quality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of descriptions or distinctions based on some quality rather than on some quantity
- adj. of a form of analysis that yields the identity of a compound
- n. Something qualitative.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to quality; having the character of quality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Originally, depending upon qualities; now, non-quantitative; relating to the possession of qualities without reference to the quantities involved; stating that some phenomenon occurs, but without measurement. The word occurs, according to Dr. Fitzedward Hall, in Gaule's
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving distinctions based on qualities
- adj. relating to or involving comparisons based on qualities
Middle English, producing a primary quality, from Medieval Latin quālitātīvus, from Late Latin, qualitative, from Latin quālitās, quālitāt-, quality; see quality.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)