American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to demography.
- n. A portion of a population, especially considered as consumers.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to demography.
- adj. Of or pertaining to demography.
- n. : A demographic criterion: a characteristic used to classify people for statistical purposes, such as age, race, or gender.
- n. A demographic group: a collection of people sharing a value for a certain demographic criterion.
- n. : An individual person's characteristic, encoded for the purposes of statistical analysis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. of or pertaining to demography.
- adj. of or relating to demography
- n. a statistic characterizing human populations (or segments of human populations broken down by age or sex or income etc.)
- From demography + -ic. (Wiktionary)
“Their "main demographic is family oriented companies, being that we are a real family.”
“What does it tell you when her main demographic is uneducated people?”
“Looks like a certain demographic is going to be looking to "get ours" if Obama's elected.”
“Given that hotornots main demographic is 18-24 they are competing with okcupid which has the same demographic.”
“Asaf, the term demographic “problem” is not racist.”
“Has it surprised you that comics have grown up so much that now the demographic is a little older?”
“The scientists talk about what they call a demographic transition that goes from high birth rates and high death rates to low birth rates and low death rates.”
“Basically, we copied Rikki Lake in the beginning, because everyone was trying to be like Oprah and go after middle-aged housewives -- what they called the demographic at the time.”
“Your suggestion that I not view the film as though it were geared towards the well-off, liberal demographic is a little misguided, however, as I didn't initially assume that at all.”
“X percent of N stories by folks not in the WASP demographic is not the issue.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘demographic’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
of a subject or study
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 2369 more...
List of most of the words I've learned
Very basic words for ESL students.
As to feature the creature "mog".
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for demographic.