from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to demography.
- n. A portion of a population, especially considered as consumers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to demography.
- n. : A demographic criterion: a characteristic used to classify people for statistical purposes, such as age, race, or gender.
- n. A demographic group: a collection of people sharing a value for a certain demographic criterion.
- n. : An individual person's characteristic, encoded for the purposes of statistical analysis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to demography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to demography.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to demography
- n. a statistic characterizing human populations (or segments of human populations broken down by age or sex or income etc.)
Their "main demographic is family oriented companies, being that we are a real family."
What does it tell you when her main demographic is uneducated people?
Looks like a certain demographic is going to be looking to "get ours" if Obama's elected.
Given that hotornots main demographic is 18-24 they are competing with okcupid which has the same demographic.
Asaf, the term demographic “problem” is not racist.
Has it surprised you that comics have grown up so much that now the demographic is a little older?
The scientists talk about what they call a demographic transition that goes from high birth rates and high death rates to low birth rates and low death rates.
Basically, we copied Rikki Lake in the beginning, because everyone was trying to be like Oprah and go after middle-aged housewives -- what they called the demographic at the time.
Your suggestion that I not view the film as though it were geared towards the well-off, liberal demographic is a little misguided, however, as I didn't initially assume that at all.
X percent of N stories by folks not in the WASP demographic is not the issue.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.