from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or consisting of photography or a photograph.
- adj. Used in photography: a photographic lens.
- adj. Resembling a photograph, especially representing or simulating something with great accuracy and fidelity of detail.
- adj. Capable of retaining accurate or vivid impressions: a photographic memory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to photographs or photography.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to photography; obtained by photography; used ib photography; as a photographic picture; a photographic camera.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, using, or produced by photography.
- Hence In lit., imitated or imitating with precise and minute detail, indicating lack of artistic feeling and originality in the writer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. representing people or nature with the exactness and fidelity of a photograph
- adj. relating to photography or obtained by using photography
Sorry, no etymologies found.