from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having many or various colors; polychromatic.
- adj. Made or decorated in many or various colors: polychrome tiles.
- n. An object or a work composed of or decorated in many colors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Executed in the manner of polychromy; as, polychrome printing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Esculin; -- so called in allusion to its fluorescent solutions.
- adj. Executed in the manner of polychromy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or tinted with several or many colors; executed in the manner of polychromy: as, polychrome sculpture; polychrome architecture.
- n. A fluorescent substance (C21H24O13), forming prismatic crystals, odorless,with a bitter taste and slight acid reaction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or exhibiting many colors
- n. a piece of work composed of or decorated in many colors
- v. color with many colors; make polychrome
Sorry, no etymologies found.