from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resembling a specter; ghostly.
- adj. Of, relating to, or produced by a spectrum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the appearance of a spectre; ghostly.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, spectres.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, spectra.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a specter; ghosty.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the spectrum; made by the spectrum
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a specter; resembling or having the aspect of a specter; ghostlike: ghostly.
- Pertaining to ocular spectra, or pertaining to the solar, prismatic, or diffraction spectrum; exhibiting the hues of the prismatic spectrum; produced by the aid of the spectrum: as, spectral colors; spectral analysis.
- In zoology, like or likened to a specter or apparition; suggestive of a ghost in any way: as, the spectral bat; spectral shrimps; spectral insects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or characteristic of a phantom
- adj. of or relating to a spectrum
Sorry, no etymologies found.