from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to delude.
- adj. Having the nature of a delusion; false: a delusive faith in a wonder drug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing delusions.
- adj. Delusional.
- adj. Inappropriate to reality; forming part of a delusion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Apt or fitted to delude; tending to mislead the mind; deceptive; beguiling; delusory
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Apt to delude; causing delusion; deceptive; beguiling: as, delusive arts; delusive appearances.
- Of the nature of a delusion; unreal; imaginary.
- Synonyms See fallacious and deceptive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inappropriate to reality or facts
delude + -ive (Wiktionary)