from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not based on fact or sound evidence; groundless. See Synonyms at baseless.
- adj. Not yet established.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no strong foundation; not based on solid reasons or facts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not founded; not built or established.
- adj. Having no foundation; baseless; vain; idle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not founded; not built or established. Having no foundation; vain; idle; baseless: as, unfounded expectations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without a basis in reason or fact
Sorry, no etymologies found.